James Lavelle on the Amen Break
James Lavelle on his love for the Amen Break and its influence on hip hop.
From the Story of the Amen Break with Kutski. Hear him explore the legacy of the Amen Break and try to track down one of the original members of The Winstons to find out how he feels about creating the most influential 6 second break in music.
Available since: Fri 3 Jun 2011
- James Lavelle
Check out highlights from BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra's award-winning documentaries.
More clips from The Amen Break
More clips from BBC Radio 1's Stories
- 10 Moments That Made Pharrell Williams Duration: 46:38 10 Moments That Made Pharrell Williams
- Gemma Cairney gets some Olympic-style inspiration Duration: 01:25 Inspiration Generation
- Popjustice's advertising advice for Union J, Daft Punk and Lewis Watson Duration: 02:38 Selling Out?
- Zane Lowe presents Loud Wars for Radio 1's Stories Duration: 01:27 Loud Wars
- 20 Years of Sonar Duration: 59:59