Mark-Anthony Turnage: Momentum and Kai
Charles Hazlewood is joined by cellist Matthew Barley and the BBC Philharmonic to explore the music of contemporary British composer, Mark-Anthony Turnage through his works, Momentum for orchestra, and Kai for solo cello and ensemble.
The programme also includes a look back over a week at Eccles College in Salford, where Matthew, Charles and members of the orchestra worked with amateur groups on their own piece inspired by Turnage's music.
Available since: Wed 4 May 2011
This clip is from
Cellist Matthew Barley and the BBC Philharmonic explore the music of Mark-Anthony Turnage.
First broadcast: 20 May 2007
More clips from Discovering Music
- Watch an analysis of Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik Duration: 29:29 Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
- Watch an analysis of Brahms' 2nd Piano Concerto Duration: 48:49 Brahms: Piano Concerto No. 2 in B-flat major (Op. 83)
- Watch an analysis of Debussy's La mer Duration: 44:08 Debussy's La mer
- Beethoven: String Quartet in A minor, Op 132 Duration: 43:42 Beethoven: String Quartet in A minor, Op 132
- The Art of Jazz Improvisation Duration: 1:30:33 The Art of Jazz Improvisation