History of the Serenade Part 2
Charles Hazlewood explores the history of the serenade and focuses on the form post Mozart, as exemplified in works by Dvorak and Martinu.
Available since: Thu 28 Apr 2011
This clip is from
2/2 Exploring the history of the serenade, focusing on the form after Mozart.
First broadcast: 20 Apr 2008
What is a fugue? How do composers use rhythm and harmony? Find out more.
More clips from Discovering Music
- Watch: Ravel's Piano Concerto in G Duration: 18:50 Ravel: Piano Concertos
- Watch: Ravel's Piano Concerto for the Left Hand Duration: 26:19 Ravel: Piano Concertos
- Watch an analysis of Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik Duration: 29:29 Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
- Watch an analysis of Brahms' 2nd Piano Concerto Duration: 48:49 Brahms: Piano Concerto No. 2 in B-flat major (Op. 83)
- Watch an analysis of Debussy's La mer Duration: 44:08 Debussy's La mer