Eurovision: Your Country Needs Blue - Preview Clip 2
Blue have accepted the challenge to represent their country this May at the Eurovision Song Contest in Dusseldorf. But to do well, they will need some help.
In this special programme narrated by Graham Norton, the boys in Blue set out to turn their song into the perfect Eurovision entry. Fan folklore says that to win you must have a memorable tune, strong chorus, eye-catching performance, a gimmick, the all important key change and a big finish. But do the people in the know agree?
There is full and frank advice from music and showbiz stars, including two-time entrant Sir Cliff Richard, Lulu (who won in 1969), Robbie Williams, Arlene Phillips (who choreographed 2009 entrant Jade Ewen), JLS, John Barrowman, Robin Gibb and Bond and Olympic ceremony composer David Arnold.
There are also clips of the best and worst songs in the Eurovision archive from across the years.
In this preview clip, the boys in Blue are described by their fellow bandmates and UK Eurovision legends Cliff Richard and Lulu.
Available since: Thu 14 Apr 2011
- Graham Norton
- Duncan James
- Lee Ryan
- Antony Costa
- Simon Webbe
- Duncan Wilson
- Executive Producer
- Phil Parsons
This clip is from
1/4 Documentary following Blue as they vow to represent their country at Eurovision.
First broadcast: 16 Apr 2011
More clips from Your Country Needs Blue
More clips from Eurovision Song Contest
- Molly: Children of the Universe Duration: 03:11
- Denmark: 'Only Teardrops' by Emmelie de Forest - Winners of Eurovision Song Contest 2013 Duration: 02:07 2013, Grand Final
- Bonnie Tyler – Believe In Me (UK Eurovision Entry 2013) Duration: 03:05 2013, Grand Final
- Marco Mengoni (Italy): 'L'Essenziale' Duration: 01:31 2013, Grand Final
- ESDM (Spain): 'Contigo Hasta El Final' Duration: 01:56 2013, Grand Final