Medieval London Teaser
Historian Dan Snow gets down and dirty in Medieval grime to discover the hard way how the London we know was forged in the filth of the 14th century.
State of the art CGI reveals London's streets as they were 700 years ago and Dan steps into the shoes of a medieval Londoner - wooden platforms designed to help him rise above the disgusting mess underfoot. He spends the night as a medieval muck-raker shifting a staggering six tonnes of excrement, and has a go at medieval butchery to find out what the authorities were up against.
Plus, he examines the remains of a plague victim to discover how a catastrophic epidemic would help a new and cleaner London emerge from the muck of the past.
Available since: Fri 1 Apr 2011
- Series Producer
- Sam Starbuck
- Dan Snow
- Executive Producer
- Eamon Hardy
More clips from Medieval London
More clips from Filthy Cities
- Behind the scenes at the Filthy Cities soundtrack recording Duration: 01:34
- Revolutionary Paris Scratch and Sniff - Marie Antoinette's perfume Duration: 02:57
- Revolutionary Paris Scratch and Sniff - 18th Century Tannery Duration: 03:49
- Revolutionary Paris Scratch and Sniff - Pong de Paris Duration: 02:53
- Filthy Cities - Industrial New York Teaser Duration: 01:27 Industrial New York