Excerpt from: And Is there Honey Still For Tea?
Housewife Ada Reece and writer Rudyard Kipling share their diaries from 1900-1912, taking us through their unique lives. Ada and Richard live a good life, but cracks start to appear in their relationship. And Mr Kipling becomes concerned of the rise of the liberals under Lloyd George.
Written by: Vanessa Rosenthal. Produced by: Polly Thomas. Contributed by: Vanessa Rosenthal. Ada Reece’s unpublished diaries from The Liddle Collection of The Brotherton Library, Leeds. This collection is an archive devoted to ordinary people’s experience of the First World War.
Available since: Wed 23 Mar 2011
This clip is from
1/5 Kensington housewife Ada Reece and writer and thinker Rudyard Kipling share their diaries.
First broadcast: 31 Dec 2007
More clips from 15 Minute Drama
- You Know You Should / Velveteens Duration: 03:18 Queens of Noise: Get It On
- Queens of Noise: Get It On Preview Duration: 00:49 Queens of Noise: Get It On, Episode 1
- Annabel & Jeremy on how to ride a horse Duration: 01:36 Incredible Women, Annabel de Lacy
- Front's fancy fashion flight Duration: 01:45 Incredible Women, Tish Watts
- The Rayner Sisters sing Duration: 02:16 Incredible Women, Rita Rayner