Danger Mouse & Questlove on sampling The Beatles
Danger Mouse, of Gnarls Barkley fame, and Questlove from the Roots on sampling The Beatles. Taken from a Radio 1 documentary about The Beatles and black music presented by DJ Semtex from Radio 1Xtra.
Questlove talks about the cost of using their samples and Danger Mouse on the issues around making the Grey Album. The mash up of the Beatles White Album and Jay-Z's Black Album was never released. Paul McCartney gives his reaction to the making of the Grey Album too.
Available since: Tue 8 Mar 2011
This clip is from
Radio 1 looks at the influence of The Beatles on black music.
First broadcast: 28 Feb 2011
Check out highlights from BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra's award-winning documentaries.
More clips from The Beatles and Black Music
More clips from BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra's Stories
- 10 Moments That Made Pharrell Williams Duration: 46:38 10 Moments That Made Pharrell Williams
- Gemma Cairney gets some Olympic-style inspiration Duration: 01:25 Inspiration Generation
- Popjustice's advertising advice for Union J, Daft Punk and Lewis Watson Duration: 02:38 Selling Out?
- Zane Lowe presents Loud Wars for Radio 1's Stories Duration: 01:27 Loud Wars
- 20 Years of Sonar Duration: 59:59