Six killed as plane crashes at Cork Airport
Six people were killed and six were injured when a plane from Belfast City airport crashed at Cork International Airport. Two people walked away from the wreckage. The Manx2 commuter flight came down in thick fog on its third attempt at landing. The plane flipped over and burst into flames.
Visibility was so bad at the time that the control tower wasn't able to see the crash site. The air accident investigators say a loud bang was heard as the plane was coming into land. There were 10 passengers and two crew on board.
Available since: Mon 21 Feb 2011
More clips from 10/02/2011
More clips from BBC Newsline
- Homes for World War One heroes on Cleenish Island Duration: 02:45 11/06/2014
- German suspected of spying at Conlig in 1914 Duration: 01:40 07/03/2014
- Propaganda posters for enlistment Duration: 01:52 06/03/2014
- Larne gun running Duration: 01:31 05/03/2014
- Hamilton Flute Band remember the Somme Duration: 01:41 04/03/2014