Treetop honey gathering
For the BaAka people of Africa’s Congo basin, sugar is scarce so they go to extraordinary lengths to gather honey. Tete climbs up a 40 metre tree, balances on a precarious branch and endures being stung by an angry swarm of bees to reach the most sought after of jungle foods.
Available since: Fri 28 Jan 2011
- Series Producer
- Dale Templar
- John Hurt
- Tom Hugh-Jones
Clips from BBC programmes showcasing man's relationship with the natural environment.
More clips from Jungles - People of the Trees
More clips from Human Planet
- Living with hazards: Indonesian sulphur miners Duration: 05:13 Mountains - Life in Thin Air
- Living with hazards: Simien cliff farmers Duration: 06:06 Mountains - Life in Thin Air
- Living without water: Tubu traders Duration: 07:32 Deserts - Life in the Furnace
- Living with cold: reindeer herders in Norway Duration: 06:44 Arctic - Life in the Deep Freeze
- Living without water: Atacama fog catching nets Duration: 05:00 Deserts - Life in the Furnace