In the Islands off Papua New Guinea, Blais is known as a ‘sorcerer of the sea’. He’s one of the last so-called shark callers – a traditional hunting technique steeped in superstition. In the past, Blais would’ve killed the shark for food, but today, he lets it go free.
Available since: Fri 14 Jan 2011
- Series Producer
- Dale Templar
- John Hurt
- Tom Hugh-Jones
Clips from BBC programmes showcasing man's relationship with the natural environment.
More clips from Oceans - Into the Blue
More clips from Human Planet
- Living with hazards: Simien cliff farmers Duration: 06:06 Mountains - Life in Thin Air
- Living with cold: reindeer herders in Norway Duration: 06:44 Arctic - Life in the Deep Freeze
- Living with cold: polar bears Duration: 05:55 Arctic - Life in the Deep Freeze
- Living without water: Algerian foggaras Duration: 05:28 Deserts - Life in the Furnace
- Living with cold: mussel gathering Duration: 05:44 Arctic - Life in the Deep Freeze