On one day of the year the Dogon people of Mali can fish in the sacred water of Lake Antogo. It’s every fisherman for himself as the lake is emptied in minutes.
Available since: Fri 14 Jan 2011
- Series Producer
- Dale Templar
- John Hurt
- Tuppence Stone
Clips from BBC programmes showcasing man's relationship with the natural environment.
More clips from Deserts - Life in the Furnace
More clips from Human Planet
- Living with hazards: Indonesian sulphur miners Duration: 05:13 Mountains - Life in Thin Air
- Living with hazards: Simien cliff farmers Duration: 06:06 Mountains - Life in Thin Air
- Living without water: Tubu traders Duration: 07:32 Deserts - Life in the Furnace
- Living with cold: reindeer herders in Norway Duration: 06:44 Arctic - Life in the Deep Freeze
- Living without water: Atacama fog catching nets Duration: 05:00 Deserts - Life in the Furnace