Discovering Music - Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
As part of the "Genius of Mozart" season, Stephen Johnson visits Clandon Park House in Surrey to explore Mozart's most famous serenade - "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik". He's joined by the architect Jonathan Foyle to discuss the links between Mozart's musical structures and the Palladian-style architecture of the period, and by the historian Steven Parissien who'll be giving his insight into the social history of the time and into the European-wide concept of 18th century sensibility.
Musical extracts are played by The Doric Quartet and double-bass player Tim Gibbs.
Available since: Sun 9 Jan 2011
More clips from Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
More clips from Discovering Music
- Watch: Ravel's Piano Concerto in G Duration: 18:50 Ravel: Piano Concertos
- Watch: Ravel's Piano Concerto for the Left Hand Duration: 26:19 Ravel: Piano Concertos
- Watch an analysis of Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik Duration: 29:29 Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
- Watch an analysis of Brahms' 2nd Piano Concerto Duration: 48:49 Brahms: Piano Concerto No. 2 in B-flat major (Op. 83)
- Watch an analysis of Debussy's La mer Duration: 44:08 Debussy's La mer