One of the most dangerous fishing methods of all. A 100 strong crew in the Philippines dive to 40 metres, breathing air pumped through makeshift tangled tubes by a rusty compressor.
Available since: Fri 7 Jan 2011
- Series Producer
- Dale Templar
- John Hurt
- Tom Hugh-Jones
Clips from BBC programmes showcasing man's relationship with the natural environment.
More clips from Oceans - Into the Blue
More clips from Human Planet
- Living with hazards: Simien cliff farmers Duration: 06:06 Mountains - Life in Thin Air
- Living with cold: reindeer herders in Norway Duration: 06:44 Arctic - Life in the Deep Freeze
- Living with cold: polar bears Duration: 05:55 Arctic - Life in the Deep Freeze
- Living without water: Algerian foggaras Duration: 05:28 Deserts - Life in the Furnace
- Living with cold: mussel gathering Duration: 05:44 Arctic - Life in the Deep Freeze