How Do Geckos Stick To Walls?
Material scientist Dr Mark Miodownik shows us what's so special about a gecko's paw, allowing them to stick to walls and walk on the ceiling
Available since: Thu 23 Dec 2010
- Series Producer
- David Kendall
- Mark Miodownik
- Executive Producer
- David Dugan
This clip is from
1/3 Material scientist Dr Mark Miodownik investigates why size matters in animal behaviour.
First broadcast: 28 Dec 2010
More clips from Why Elephants Can't Dance
More clips from Royal Institution Christmas Lectures
- How does a cell know when to die? Duration: 01:50 2013: Life Fantastic, Could I Live Forever?
- Why is there such stunning diversity on our planet? Duration: 01:58 2013: Life Fantastic, Am I a Mutant?
- You are amazing! Duration: 01:47 2013: Life Fantastic, Where Do I Come From?
- Levitating Superconductors Duration: 02:05 2012: The Modern Alchemist, Earth: The Philosopher's Stone
- A Bigger Bang Duration: 01:22 2012: The Modern Alchemist, Water: The Fountain of Youth