Mozart: Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
Stephen Johnson visits Clandon Park House in Surrey to explore Mozart's most famous serenade - "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik". He is joined by architect, Jonathan Foyle to discuss the links between Mozart's musical structures and the Palladian-style architecture of the period. He is also joined by historian, Steven Parissien who discusses the social history of the time and European-wide concepts of 18th century sensibility.
Musical extracts are played by The Doric Quartet and double-bass player Tim Gibbs.
Available since: Thu 30 Dec 2010
Enjoy Mozart highlights from 'The Genius of Mozart' season and beyond.
More clips from Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
More clips from Discovering Music
- Watch an analysis of Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik Duration: 29:29 Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
- Watch an analysis of Brahms' 2nd Piano Concerto Duration: 48:49 Brahms: Piano Concerto No. 2 in B-flat major (Op. 83)
- Watch an analysis of Debussy's La mer Duration: 44:08 Debussy's La mer
- Beethoven: String Quartet in A minor, Op 132 Duration: 43:42 Beethoven: String Quartet in A minor, Op 132
- The Art of Jazz Improvisation Duration: 1:30:33 The Art of Jazz Improvisation