Bernard Lovell's telescope
Sir Bernard Lovell explains to Patrick Moore the great difficulties he faced building the large radio telescope at Jodrell Bank. When it was finished in 1957, the telescope, now called the Lovell Telescope, was the largest steerable dish radio telescope in the world.
Available since: Wed 1 Sep 2010
- Patrick Moore
- Sir Bernard Lovell
A collection of Patrick Moore's favourite moments from over 50 years of The Sky at Night.
More clips from The Sky at Night
- Starguide: June 2014 Duration: 01:07 Impacts
- Anatomy of an impact Duration: 07:26 Impacts
- Ageing surfaces across the Solar System Duration: 01:48 Impacts
- Starguide: May 2014 Duration: 01:21 How Gravity Shapes the Universe
- Why are there so many spheres? Duration: 06:21 How Gravity Shapes the Universe