Bernard Lovell's telescope
Sir Bernard Lovell explains to Patrick Moore the great difficulties he faced building the large radio telescope at Jodrell Bank. When it was finished in 1957, the telescope, now called the Lovell Telescope, was the largest steerable dish radio telescope in the world.
Available since: Wed 1 Sep 2010
- Patrick Moore
- Sir Bernard Lovell
A collection of Patrick Moore's favourite moments from over 50 years of The Sky at Night.
More clips from The Sky at Night
- Spot Comet C2014 E2-Jacques in August 2014 Duration: 01:18 How to Catch a Comet
- How can I photograph a comet? Duration: 02:47 How to Catch a Comet
- Revealing the secrets of comet dust Duration: 04:03 How to Catch a Comet
- Seasons of the Solar System Duration: 07:37 The Brightest Star
- Daytime stargazing Duration: 04:01 The Brightest Star