Turbines for Tyneside
5 live visits the Port of Blyth, where Britain's renewable energy needs could be decided. An area once dependent on shipping and coal, the offshore wind turbine industry is now established at the port.
5 live speaks to Narec, The National Renewable Energy Centre plus the local port authority about why the North East is at the forefront of research and development into green energy.
Available since: Wed 15 Sep 2010
More clips from 16/09/2010
More clips from 5 live Breakfast
- What's Wrong with Sugar? Duration: 01:34 Your Call, 05/05/2014
- Parents of Down's Syndrome twins: "Everyday is joyful" Duration: 03:25 Your Call, 21/03/2014
- Kate Bush's first live concerts for 35 years Duration: 02:59 21/03/2014
- Spamming Shakespeare Duration: 02:56 21/03/2014
- Peter Lawrence on his daughter Claudia Duration: 03:01 20/03/2014