The Big Bang machine
The Large Hadron Collider, constructed in tunnels below Geneva, is the world's largest particle accelerator. Scientists using the LHC will recreate conditions less than a billionth of a second after the Big Bang.
Available since: Mon 23 Aug 2010
This clip is from
Examining the scientific instrument that could result in a theory of everything.
First broadcast: 01 May 2007
Watch Solar System video clips from the BBC Archive.
More clips from The Six Billion Dollar Experiment
More clips from Horizon
- Trail: Should I Eat Meat? - How to Feed the Planet Duration: 01:41 2014-2015, Should I Eat Meat? - How to Feed the Planet
- Trail: Should I Eat Meat? - The Big Health Dilemma Duration: 01:47 2014-2015, Should I Eat Meat? - The Big Health Dilemma
- What's Wrong with our Weather? Duration: 01:15 2013-2014, What's Wrong with Our Weather?
- Trailer: Where is Flight MH370? Duration: 01:48 2013-2014, Where is Flight MH370?
- Intro: The £10 Million Challenge Duration: 02:09 The £10 Million Challenge