Testing Newton's gravity theory
Although Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation is a good approximation of gravity, more precise measurements of the Moon's orbit show it is not a perfect explanation.
Available since: Thu 12 Aug 2010
This clip is from
Dr Brian Cox believes that the answer to the meaning of the universe lies in gravity.
First broadcast: 29 Jan 2008
Watch Solar System video clips from the BBC Archive.
More clips from What on Earth is Wrong With Gravity?
More clips from Horizon
- Joe Allison and Professor Uta Frith Duration: 02:33 2013-2014, Living with Autism
- The Invisible Fight Duration: 02:02 2013-2014, How You Really Make Decisions
- What Can Placebos Do? Duration: 01:34 2013-2014, The Power of the Placebo
- Can a placebo make you cycle faster? Duration: 02:54 2013-2014, The Power of the Placebo
- Placebos used without deception Duration: 02:21 2013-2014, The Power of the Placebo