Testing Newton's gravity theory
Although Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation is a good approximation of gravity, more precise measurements of the Moon's orbit show it is not a perfect explanation.
Available since: Thu 12 Aug 2010
This clip is from
Dr Brian Cox believes that the answer to the meaning of the universe lies in gravity.
First broadcast: 29 Jan 2008
Watch Solar System video clips from the BBC Archive.
More clips from What on Earth is Wrong With Gravity?
More clips from Horizon
- Comet ISON approaches the Sun Duration: 01:57 2013-2014, Comet of the Century: A Horizon Special
- Origins of the Solar System Duration: 04:06 2013-2014, Comet of the Century: A Horizon Special
- ISON - the comet of the century? Duration: 00:57 2013-2014, Comet of the Century: A Horizon Special
- Dr Mary Schweitzer's quest to find ancient biological material Duration: 02:18 2013-2014, Dinosaurs: The Hunt for Life
- Finding smuggled bones in Mongolia Duration: 01:23 2013-2014, Dinosaurs: The Hunt for Life