The Widespread Appeal of Wikipedia
Wikipedia is used by around 65 million people every month. It supports the democratic nature of the internet, allowing anybody the opportunity to author and edit published articles. It was originated by Jimmy Wales, who has struggled to maintain the site’s dream of empowerment and, more recently, been forced to let it be policed. It may not be one hundred per-cent accurate, but is always a convenient and easy source of information for millions of its regular visitors. Presenter, Dr Aleks Krotoski, interviews Wikipedia’s creator and Einar Kvaran, a long-term and prolific contributor to the site.
Available since: Thu 1 Apr 2010
- Aleks Krotoski
- Inventor of Wikipedia
- Jimmy Wales
- Author and Writer for Wikipedia
- Einar Kvaran
More clips from The Great Levelling?
More clips from The Virtual Revolution
- The online business Duration: 04:17 The Cost of Free
- Does Anyone Control the Internet? Duration: 02:53 Enemy of the State?
- How the world wide web was invented Duration: 02:06 The Great Levelling?
- Internet Access For All Duration: 02:42 The Great Levelling?
- The Virtual Revolution - Enemy of the State? - Campaigning on the Internet Duration: 02:36 Enemy of the State?