How to Build... - A Jumbo Jet Engine
As Boeing's new 787 Dreamliner makes its inaugural flight, Rolls-Royce engineers celebrate the performance of its revolutionary Trent 1000 jet engines. They're the latest in a family of sophisticated aero engines that have driven Rolls-Royce to become world leaders in the market for jumbo jet engines.
This is the story of the thousands of people who design, build and test engines at Rolls-Royce's manufacturing plants in Derby and across the UK, making Rolls-Royce a central part of life for the people who work there.
Exploring some of the astonishing technology behind the engines' advanced components, the programme meets the skilled engineers who design and build them, and experience the ups and downs of life on the assembly line.
Available since: Mon 28 Jun 2010
- Gerard Fletcher
- Paul King
- Executive Producer
- Tina Fletcher
More clips from A Jumbo Jet Engine
More clips from How to Build...
- How to test a super jumbo wing Duration: 05:12 How to Build 2: Learning Zone
- How modern materials and technology in Formula One cars reaches road cars Duration: 04:58 How to Build 2: Learning Zone
- How do satellites survive in space? Duration: 05:47 How to Build 2: Learning Zone
- How to assemble the wing of the world's largest airliner Duration: 04:04 How to Build 2: Learning Zone
- How to test a Superjumbo wing Duration: 05:13 Series 2, A Super Jumbo Wing