Who won the Woman's Hour Balloon Debate?
Watch a Woman's Hour live audience choose between Mary Wollstonecraft and Emmeline Pankhurst.
The question asked by Jenni Murray was "Who has done the most to put women on the political map in the UK?".
Choosing from Mary Wollstonecraft (advocate: Professor Mary Beard), Emmeline Pankhurst (advocate: Shami Chakrabarti), Barbara Castle (advocate: Caroline Flint MP) and Margaret Thatcher (advocate: Louise Bagshawe MP), the studio audience ditched Thatcher and Castle in the first round of voting.
Watch this video to see who came out on top from the final two.
Wednesday 16 June's edition of Woman's Hour came live from Radio Theatre.
Available since: Wed 16 Jun 2010
More clips from 16/06/2010
More clips from Woman's Hour
- 'One of them will force you to take sides' Duration: 00:53 The dangers of being a 'cool parent'; Sexual assaults in the US military
- Sheila Dillon Why changing your diet could help you to fight cancer? Duration: 02:08 Sheila Dillon; British women and Islam; fatherhood; female composers
- Cook The Perfect...Trifle Duration: 08:39 Lindsey Bareham Cooks the Perfect Trifle: Ruth Madoc; Older Models
- Jokes about childbirth and vaginal stitches - too much information? Duration: 02:02 Lindsey Bareham Cooks the Perfect Trifle: Ruth Madoc; Older Models
- Sharleen Spiteri Duration: 01:01 Sharleen Spiteri; Alison Nimmo; Disney's Princess Merida