The seventeenth annual Eurovision Song Contest, broadcast from Usher Hall in Edinburgh.
1971 winner Monaco did not have the resources to host the contest so made approaches to French TV for assistance, however their stipulation that the contest would have to be held in France meant they approached the British president of the European Broadcast Union instead and the United Kingdom stepped in once again to host the event.
This year's winning country was (for the third time!) Luxembourg, with "Apres toi" sung by Vicky Leandros. The songwriter Yves Dessca also wrote the previous year's winning song for Monaco becoming the first person to win the contest two years in a row and for two different countries.
Available since: Wed 2 Jun 2010
This clip is from
European song contest in which countries' songs are performed before a vote takes place.
More clips from Eurovision Song Contest
- Molly: Children of the Universe Duration: 03:11
- Denmark: 'Only Teardrops' by Emmelie de Forest - Winners of Eurovision Song Contest 2013 Duration: 02:07 2013, Grand Final
- Bonnie Tyler – Believe In Me (UK Eurovision Entry 2013) Duration: 03:05 2013, Grand Final
- Marco Mengoni (Italy): 'L'Essenziale' Duration: 01:31 2013, Grand Final
- ESDM (Spain): 'Contigo Hasta El Final' Duration: 01:56 2013, Grand Final