Landward: Gail McGrane - Weather Folklore - St Swithin's Day
With modern technology and the sophistication of modern weather forecasts, many of us now take these weather sayings with a pinch of salt, but there may be more truth to them than you might expect.
BBC Scotland's weather presenter Gail McGrane continues her investigation into the science behind weather folklore, in this edition she looks discovers the facts and theories behind St Swithin's Day.
Available since: Wed 5 May 2010
- Gail McGrane
More clips from Episode 4
More clips from Landward
- Rare Whisky Tour Duration: 01:58 2014/2015, Episode 5
- The science of breeding Aberdeen Angus Cattle Duration: 00:23 2014/2015, Episode 4
- The role of Gamekeepers from Highland sporting estates during the First World War. Duration: 00:58 2014/2015, Episode 3
- Nick’s Scallop Ceviche Duration: 01:09 2014/2015, Episode 2
- Pinemarten research in Glenmore Forest Park Duration: 01:47 2014/2015, Episode 1