Can't planes fly below the ash cloud?
Dallas asks two experts why airliners can’t simply fly below the volcanic ash cloud.
Available since: Fri 3 Jun 2011
- Series Producer
- Ed Booth
- Series Editor
- Dermot Caulfield
- Dallas Campbell
More clips from Episode 5
More clips from Bang Goes the Theory
- Without treatment a cholera patient could be dead in less than a day Duration: 01:40 Series 8, Disaster Relief
- The Standby Task Force Duration: 01:41 Series 8, Disaster Relief
- Have you got the cool head to work in the emergency response team? Duration: 02:34 Series 8, Trains
- Leaves on the track Duration: 02:13 Series 8, Trains
- Do you want to be part of a dynamic industry? Duration: 03:11 Series 8, Trains