Web extra: Food for the family
Mor Macleod remembers when black pudding made at home was an important food for families like her own on the Isle of Lewis.
She also notes how changes in the availability of sheep's blood and innards have played a part in the decline of traditional domestic black pudding production.
Available since: Wed 24 Feb 2010
Short films which explore the world of food. Supporting both informal and formal learning.
More clips from Black Pudding, Soft Fruit and Culture
More clips from Food Stuff
- The importance of food presentation Duration: 00:21 Seasonality, Jam and Export
- Orkney sustainable fisheries Duration: 05:39 Seasonality, Jam and Export
- Tom Kitchin talks about seasonality and food Duration: 05:56 Seasonality, Jam and Export
- Stornoway black pudding - campaigning for EU protection Duration: 07:05 Black Pudding, Soft Fruit and Culture
- The effect of smell on our sense of taste Duration: 00:19 Black Pudding, Soft Fruit and Culture