How the Hoodie Scare Created a Hit Ringtone
In the Noughties teenage Hoodies became national hate figures. In response to the supposed teenage menace came the Mosquito, a device that emitted an irritating high frequency noise detectable only by teens. Inventor Howard Stapleton explains how the Hoodies hijacked the Mosquito for their own ends.
Available since: Mon 4 Jan 2010
- Tanya Byron
- Sebastian Barfield
- Howard Stapleton
This clip is from
1/3 A look at how, during the Noughties, an ageing Britain focused on recapturing its youth.
First broadcast: 05 Jan 2010
More clips from Growing Young
More clips from History of Now: The Story of the Noughties
- How China put Britain’s Burglars out of Business Duration: 01:39 Hello World
- How the Cold War Gave us Cheap Flights Duration: 01:56 Hello World
- London Street Talk Duration: 02:09 Hello World
- The Haves and the Have Yachts Duration: 02:54 All Together Now?
- The Rise of the Chav Duration: 02:34 All Together Now?