The Radical Wars
Protesting against Government indifference to economic hardships, Andrew Hardie and John Baird lead a militia force to capture the Carron Ironworks in Falkirk.
Available since: Thu 26 Nov 2009
This clip is from
4/5 Neil Oliver looks at how early 19th-century Scotland became a seedbed of revolution.
First broadcast: 29 Nov 2009
More clips from This Land Is Our Land
More clips from A History of Scotland
- William Wallace Duration: 03:28 Series 1, Hammers of the Scots
- The Battle of Stirling Bridge Duration: 03:42 Series 1, Hammers of the Scots
- The Battle of Falkirk Duration: 02:12 Series 1, Hammers of the Scots
- Jacobite invasion plan, 1708 Duration: 02:59 Series 2, Let's Pretend
- The Battle of Culloden, 1746 Duration: 04:15 Series 2, Let's Pretend