The 1715 Rising
The Earl of Mar raises the Stuart standard at Braemar. James Francis Edward Stuart returns from exile but the Rising fails after James Francis loses his nerve. Video: A history of Scotland: Let’s Pretend.
Available since: Wed 11 Nov 2009
The Act of Union ties Scotland and England together as a new nation called Great Britain.
More clips from Let's Pretend
More clips from A History of Scotland
- William Wallace Duration: 03:28 Series 1, Hammers of the Scots
- The Battle of Stirling Bridge Duration: 03:42 Series 1, Hammers of the Scots
- The Battle of Falkirk Duration: 02:12 Series 1, Hammers of the Scots
- Jacobite invasion plan, 1708 Duration: 02:59 Series 2, Let's Pretend
- The Battle of Culloden, 1746 Duration: 04:15 Series 2, Let's Pretend