King of the fishers
Sitting high in trees near to the river, fish eagles are constantly on the watch for fish. Flying low over the water they are the kings of all the fishers on the Zambezi. While the waters are shallow the young birds have to learn to catch their own fish before their parents stop providing for them. But they must learn fast - it won't be long before the river becomes full and angry again when the rains return.
Available since: Wed 4 Nov 2009
- Louis Mahoney
- Jamie McPherson
This clip is from
2/14 A tale of life on the Zambezi River, set against the epic backdrop of Victoria Falls.
First broadcast: 04 Nov 2009
Be captivated, informed and inspired by the world's wildlife.
More clips from Victoria Falls - The Smoke that Thunders
More clips from Natural World
- Killer Whale Sniffer Dog Duration: 01:32 2013-2014, Killer Whales: Beneath the Surface
- Killer Whale Society Duration: 02:17 2013-2014, Killer Whales: Beneath the Surface
- Killer Whales: Beneath the Surface Duration: 02:12 2013-2014, Killer Whales: Beneath the Surface
- Fox frightens walrus Duration: 01:14 2013-2014, Walrus: Two Tonne Tusker
- Walrus: Two Tonne Tusker Duration: 01:53 2013-2014, Walrus: Two Tonne Tusker