A succession of kings fight to expand and secure the boundaries of the new nation of Scotland. Old foes are defeated and another comes to the fore: England.
Available since: Fri 30 Oct 2009
This clip is from
2/5 Neil Oliver charts the story of the two men who helped transform Alba into Scotland.
First broadcast: 16 Nov 2008
The kingdom of Alba become the nation of Scotland.
More clips from Hammers of the Scots
More clips from A History of Scotland
- William Wallace Duration: 03:28 Series 1, Hammers of the Scots
- The Battle of Stirling Bridge Duration: 03:42 Series 1, Hammers of the Scots
- The Battle of Falkirk Duration: 02:12 Series 1, Hammers of the Scots
- Jacobite invasion plan, 1708 Duration: 02:59 Series 2, Let's Pretend
- The Battle of Culloden, 1746 Duration: 04:15 Series 2, Let's Pretend