- JG at The Devon County Show 2013 Duration: 04:01 Live from The Devon County Show with Ellie Williams, Show of Hands, Adam Isaac and The Normals
- JG JAM - 11th May 2013 Duration: 04:37 Live music and guests - including professional Devon sailor Conrad Humphreys
- JG Jam - 4th May 2013 with Lionstar, Sam Fearon and Jamie Lawson Duration: 05:43 with live music from Jamie Lawson, LionStar, Sam Fearon and Kat With Attitude
- Alright Now - JG Jam 27th April 2013 Duration: 04:05 Lots of guests and live music from The Poet Junkies and The Sunrunners
- The launch of Scone Off 2013 Duration: 16:20 Live music from Jay Tamkin, King Rat and the Desperados and Tom Cary
- Knocking On Heaven's Door - JG Jam 20th April 2013 Duration: 05:11 Live music from Jay Tamkin, King Rat and the Desperados and Tom Cary
John joined BBC Radio Devon as a programme assistant back in 1992 after several years working in the Hotel and Catering industry.
"Before I joined BBC Radio Devon I was the landlord of a pub in Uplyme, near my hometown of Lyme Regis - and before that I was in hotel management, working for a big chain of hotels across the country," he said.
"People often ask how I made the leap from the hospitality trade to broadcasting, but there are loads of similarities; early starts, late finishes and a love of meeting and chatting to people."
John lives in Plymouth but often gets back to Lyme Regis to visit his Dad, who still lives there, and to take a walk along The Cobb with his two Black Labradors; Tilly and Izzy.
He's a big fan of blue skies and sunshine, strawberries, and Dartmoor - particularly Buckland Beacon where, in what seems like the middle of nowhere, you'll find the 10 commandments etched into two tablets of stone.
He loves championing local bands and singers and really enjoys having musicians perform live on his show, so send him your details if you think you might fit the bill.
Most of all John just loves meeting interesting people.
"I'm a sucker for a good, emotive, human interest story," he says.
"Especially if it makes me laugh - or cry!"
If you want something refreshingly different to listen to on a Saturday morning, make sure you're tuned to BBC Radio Devon from 9am - 1pm.
Appear on the show
If you're a local musician or someone with an interesting story to share - and you'd like to appear on the show - please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.orgJG's guide to getting your music heard
Or send a CD and covering letter to:
BBC Radio Devon
PO BOX 1034
And listen out during the programme each week for the telephone and text numbers too.
Best FM DJ
On 1st November 2012, John was named Best FM DJ in the South West Music Awards.
Here he is collecting his trophy at a ceremony at The Rougemont Hotel in Exeter.
BBC Introducing in Devon
If you love local music, you might also want to check out James Santer's show on Saturday evenings on BBC Radio Devon.BBC Introducing in Devon with James Santer