Jem on Formula 1 regenerative braking
With his homemade flywheel, Jem shows how F1 engineers have adapted an old technology for high performance race cars.
Available since: Mon 14 Sep 2009
This clip is from
Investigating the science behind the headlines and making sense of the issues that matter.
More clips from Bang Goes the Theory
- Why do diesel engines produce sooty fumes? Duration: 03:42 Series 7, Episode 8
- Online self-diagnosis put to the test Duration: 03:00 Series 7, Episode 7
- Food packaged in strange atmospheres Duration: 02:47 Series 7, Episode 5
- Why children can’t judge car speeds like adults Duration: 03:27 Series 7, Episode 4
- Which processed foods have the most sugar? Duration: 02:06 Series 7, Episode 3