- Sunny Ormonde: From Borsetshire to Lincolnshire Duration: 13:33 13/11/2013
- Dambusters Film Director Michael Anderson Duration: 18:31 The Nicola Gilroy Show, today with Rob Underwood
- Teaser of BBC Radio Lincolnshire's Dambusters 70 coverage Duration: 00:41 29/04/2013
- John Hurt talks about his life in Lincoln Duration: 05:02 John Hurt talks to Nicola Gilroy
- On stage with Cannon and Ball Duration: 02:08 Live from the panto with Cannon and Ball
- Cannon and Ball in Lincoln panto Duration: 03:24 Cannon and Ball
Get in touch with the programme:
Phone 01522 511219
Text 07786 201949
Nicola was working in a Little Chef in North Hykeham (the first job since completing a degree in English and Media) when she managed to get her first job in radio after listening to a competition and phoning up!
She moved from commercial radio to the BBC as a Journalist but it wasn't until BBC Lincolnshire that her talent for talking was really appreciated and they gave her the afternoon show to get her out of the office for a couple of hours and give everyone a rest!
Rugby is Nicola's first love. She used to play for a team in Rutland as fly half and also played for the East Midlands but since having two children she now just about manages to watch it on the telly. Running is the sport of choice now and her best time in the Lincoln 10K was 52 minutes.
Her highlight since coming to BBC Lincolnshire was flying in the World War Two aircraft The Dakota alongside a Lancaster over Lincoln Cathedral which she describes as: "Awesome!"
The most famous person that she has ever interviewed was Ade Edmondson and the lovely Irish comedian from 'Mock The Week' fame, Dara O'Briain. Oddly she did once appear in a French documentary interviewing chess ace, Gary Kasporov.