Image from 'Post-war Britain - the Mods youth sub-culture in 1960s Britain'
Gallery of images from 'The Mods youth sub-culture in 1960s Britain'
Mitchell wants to find out about the fashion and music of the 50's and 60's
Mitchell is 15 and from Walsall, he’s a keen darts player and loves music.
Mitchell looks through old issues of Wolverhampton’s local paper, the Express and Star
Mitchell looks at an old newspaper to look at the jobs advertised in the post war period.
Mitchell at the newspaper archives in Wolverhampton
Mitchell visits the Express and Star newspaper in Wolverhampton
Mitchell speaks to Professor Keith Gildart, at the University of Wolverhampton
Mitchell finds out about the impact of Mod culture on young people in the 50’s and 60’s.
Mitchell's nan, Jaquelin in the 1960's
Mitchell’s nan, Jacki, stepping off a plane dressed in her Mod fashion.
Michaell's nan, Jaquelin was a Mod in 1960’s Walsall
Jaquelin poses with her friend in a photobooth in 1960’s Walsall.
- Images from 'Post-war Britain - women and work'
- Images from 'Post-war Britain - the development of the National Health Service (NHS)'
- Images from 'Post-war Britain - the coal mining community and its decline'
- Images from 'Post War Britain - poverty and poor housing in London's East End
- Images from 'Post War Britain - Experiences of immigrants from Ghana and the Caribbean'