Jak's Omelette Recipe
2 large good eggs
salt & white pepper
1 tbsp water
knob of butter
1. heat 8/9" non stick pan add butter until foaming
2. whisk eggs last second add water toss all into high heat pan
3. season once cooking not before as the salt can break down the egg
4. stir quickly from out side in then once still runny in the middle fold or roll
5. then tip onto a warm plate serve immediately
Karon Grieve's Chocolate Avocado Spread (AKA The Breakfast of Champions)
- 2 avocados (ripe)
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1/4 tsp chopped chilli pepper
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water).
- Peel and stone avocado and whizz in food processor with the chopped chilli.
- Add the melted chocolate to the avocado mixture and whizz again.
- Spoon into small jar or bowl.
- Will keep for 3 days in fridge. A grown up spread for toast and crumpets.
Bringing you the funny bits from the last week on BBC Radio Scotland.