Music Played16 items
Aztec Camera Somewhere In My Heart
Fantastic 80's - 3 (Various Artists), Sony Tv/Columbia
Texas Detroit City
The Conversation, Pias, 1
Bachman-Turner Overdrive You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
And The Road Goes On Forever Vol 1, Debutante
Frank Sinatra That's Life
My Way - The Best Of Frank Sinatra, Reprise
Lady Antebellum Downtown
Golden, Liberty Records, 1
Erasure - Pop!, Mute Records
Rod Stewart She Makes Me Happy
(CD Single), Capitol, 1
Fine Young Cannibals She Drives Me Crazy
And Then She Kissed Me Vol.1 (Various, Debutante
The Beautiful South You Keep It All In
Beautiful South - Carry On Up The Cha, Go! Discs
Imagine Dragons It's Time
(CD Single), Interscope, 1
Elvis Presley I Just Can't Help Believing
Presley - The All Time Greatest Hits, RCA
Talking Heads Once In A Lifetime
Talking Heads - Remain In Light, Sire
The Supremes You Keep Me Hanging On
Diana Ross & The Supremes - 40 Motown, Polygram Tv
Status Quo Looking Out For Caroline
Bula Quo, Fourth Chord Records, 1
Hayseed Dixie Devil Woman
Weapons Of Grass Destruction, Cooking Vinyl Records
Nigel's Tiramisu Ice Cream Cake
Based on the recipe by Bill Granger
Perfect for summer days when you don’t want to be in a hot kitchen!
Prep time: 15 mins + 4hrs minimum in freezer + 1/2 hr in fridge
180ml strong black coffee (can be decaf)
70 ml Kahlua or other coffee liqueur (Tia Maria)
70 ml Marsala
300g or 1&1/2 packs Savoiardi, or sponge finger biscuits
1L good vanilla ice cream
1L good coffee ice cream
150g dark chocolate grated (easiest to do this with fridge cold chocolate using a potato peeler)
You’ll need a square 20cm cake tin lined with cling film, overlapping the edge – if you damp down the cake tin first, the cling film is much easier to stick down!
- Move ice cream from freezer to fridge for 1/2 hr to soften; if it’s a hot day & the ice cream is quite soft, then no need to leave in fridge for 1/2 hr.
- Combine the coffee, Kahlua & Marsala together in a bowl.
- Dip 2 sponge fingers at a time into the mixture (to avoid them becoming too soggy) & use them to line the base of the tin.
- Empty the coffee ice cream into a mixing bowl & beat briefly until smooth (you can use a Kitchen Aid with the paddle attachment, beat the ice cream on low speed for a few seconds until smooth).
- Using a palette knife or spatula, spread a generous even layer of ice cream on the soaked sponge fingers.
- Layer a 2nd layer of sponge fingers over the ice cream.
- Beat the vanilla ice cream as you did the coffee ice cream, then spread this evenly over your soaked sponge fingers.
- Put your completed cake in the freezer for at least 4 hrs before serving.
1/2 hr before serving, place the cake in the fridge to soften.
- Using the cling film, carefully lift the cake out of the tin, peeling the cling film off as you place the cake on a serving platter.
- Scatter generously with grated chocolate before serving.
Nigel’s Top Tips
- For a party, double the ingredients & use a 25cm square tin.
- For a more chocolaty hit, grate some of your chocolate over the first layer of coffee ice cream.