Music Played13 items
Peter Gabriel Sledgehammer
Now 1986 (Various Artists), Now
Michael Bublé It's A Beautiful Day
(CD Single), Reprise, 1
Chairmen of the Board You've Got Me Dangling On A String
Chairmen Of The Board - Soul Agenda, Holland-Dozier-Holland
Eliza Doolittle Pack Up
(CD Single), EMI, 1
Traveling Wilburys End Of The Line
Traveling Wilburys Vol.1, Wilbury
Bonnie Tyler Believe In Me
(CD Single), ZYX Music, 2
Fats Domino Jambalaya (On The Bayou)
The Best Of Fats Domino, Liberty
Status Quo Caroline
Whatever You Want - V.Best Of Status, Polygram Tv
The Waterboys Fisherman's Blues
The Best Of The Waterboys '81-'90, Ensign
Thea Gilmore Love Came Looking For Me
(CD Single), Fullfill Records, 1
Otis Redding (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
Soul (Various Artists), Polygram Tv
Caro Emerald Tangled Up
(CD Single), Grandmono, 1
Dwight Yoakam It Won't Hurt
NIGEL'S RECIPE: Ginger-cured Sea Trout with Lettuce, and Lime Mayonnaise
Ginger-cured Sea Trout with Lettuce, and Lime Mayonnaise<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
from Vogue Entertaining Guide
Prep time: Less than 30 mins
Cooking time: 24hrs marinating
1 medium size sea trout or 2 fillets, with skin still attached (or substitute other types of trout as necessary)
4 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
4 tbsp salt
4 tbsp sugar
Mignonette, round or butter lettuce leaves, washed & dried
Lime mayonnaise (see recipe below)
zest of 1 lime
1. Fillet the sea trout, removing all the bones with tweezers but leaving the skin on (or ask your fishmonger to do it).
2. Place the fillets on a plastic or china tray, skin-side down.
3. Combine the ginger, salt & sugar & spread evenly over the fish. Cover with another tray and refrigerate for at least 24hrs. The longer the fish is left in the refrigerator to marinate, the stronger the ginger flavour will be.
4. To serve: carefully wash the fillets & pat them dry.
5. Slice the fillets on an angle as thinly as possible.
6. Place 3 or 4 lettuce leaves on each plate, arrange 6 slices of sea trout beside the lettuce & add a spoonful of lime mayo & lime zest.
3 egg yolks
½ tsp English, or grain, mustard
20 ml seasoned rice vinegar, or cider or white wine vinegar
¼ tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper
375ml olive oil
1 tbsp chopped chives
2 pieces glacé ginger, chopped finely
2 tsp ginger syrup (from the glacé ginger)
juice of 1 lime
1. Place the egg yolks, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in a food processor & process with a plastic blade (or gently mix by hand).
2. With the motor still running, slowly add the olive oil until the mixture thickens & the oil has amalgamated.
3. Slowly add the vinegar at this stage, but 10ml at first, adding more if needed, after you taste it.
4. To one cup of mayonnaise (240ml / 8fl oz), add the chives, chopped ginger, ginger syrup & lime juice & stir well. Keep left over mayo & use within 5 days. Great on steak sandwiches & baked spuds.
Nigel's Top Tips
• If you want to add a bit more bulk to this dish, it's easily done with the addition of potato salad, or even better, simply boiled new potatoes with a dollop of the lime mayo & some extra chives over the top, or a bed of wild or red rice, or crusty rustic bread with butter.
• It's a very tasty mayo, so do make a bit more to brighten up other dishes. Gt on baked spuds or steak sandwiches.