Neil Gaiman - Neverwhere Characters
A subterranean London, far below the streets of London Above. Populated with people who have fallen between the cracks in society, London Below is a mysterious and murky work of shadows and danger. Here there really is an Earl of Earl’s Court, a Baron at Baron’s Court, shepherds at Shepherd’s Bush and and angel. Called Islington. It is also the home of the Great Beast of London, an ancient and terrifying creature dwelling somewhere deep in the Labyrinth, at the very heart of London Below.
- Richard Mayhew "On Friday I had a job, a home, a fiancee and a life that made sense."
- Door "If this is the last door I open let it be to somewhere safe."
- Marquis de Carabas Bargaining his way around London Below.
- Hunter Famed for fighting the great blind white alligator-king in the sewers of New York,
- Croup and Vandemar Two of the nastiest individuals you might ever be unlucky enough to meet.
- The Angel Islington A legendary angel who dwells in a citadel, deep in London Below.
- Old Bailey If you want information, or birds (of the winged variety), Old Bailey is the man to see.
- The Earl of Earl’s Court The Earl is a long-standing ally of Door’s father, Lord Portico
- The Abbot of the Black Friars The custodian of key