Culinary legend Michel Roux Jr and drinks expert Kate Goodman are joined by chef and author Monica Galetti as they set out to create Michel's perfect comfort food - his mum's Shepherd's Pie.
Food writer William Sitwell thinks the world's gone mad with its obsession for nostalgic food and journalist Matthew Fort celebrates the return of stodgy British puddings to some of this country's most sophisticated menus.
Food & Drink: where people talk about food.
Kate's Drink choices
- Timothy Taylor’s Landlord Ale
- Samuel Smith’s Organic Best Ale
If you prefer wine with it, then these French reds might suit you:
- Réserve des Hospitaliers Cairanne, Côtes du Rhône-Villages. France. 2009
- Domaine Brusset Côtes du Rhône Villages Cairanne Les Travers. France 2010
- Palacios Remondo, Herencia Remondo Rioja Crianza ‘La Montesa’ Spain. 2009
- Sunraysia Apple & Beetroot juice
To complement Michel's floating islands Kate recommends a demi-sec champagne, here are a few to choose from:
- Louis Roederer demi-sec champagne
- Billecart Salmon, Demi Sec Champagne
- Domaine de Durban, Muscat de Beaumes De Venise 2009
|Presenter||Michel Roux Jr|
|Executive Producer||Pete Lawrence|
|Series Producer||Hannah Corneck|