Bryan Ferry, Cilla Black and Film '72
In the show unlike any other, Mr. O'Grady returned with Triples from Bryan Ferry and Cilla Black. Film '72 was this week's almost-Lost TV theme, Merle Travis' I'm Sick And Tired Of You Little Darlin' was the totally inappropriate anniversary record, plus there was a dash of Motown and Northern Soul, and another batch of special thank yous.
To make 12-14 halves you will need:
- 4ozs granulated or caster sugar
- 4oz icing sugar
- 4 egg whites
- cooking parchment paper
Once you've got the ingredients, follow these simple instructions:
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, showing peaks
- Add a little sugar, mix, beat, add more sugar...
- Repeat until all the sugar is used and it's a good idea to fold in the last batch of sugar to get some air into the mix
- Lightly grease and line two baking trays
- Spoon one tablespoon of the mix onto the trays
- Put them in the over at 120°C for 90/120 minutes
Thanks to Jan Ellis for sending in that recipe for meringues.