The Foley family from Merthyr
Mother and carer Suzanne Foley and her family live in Merthyr Tydfil.
In the programme Suzanne is the sole bread winner in her house, and gave up work to care for her mother Gertie who suffered from dementia and was registered blind. According to the 2012 NHS Wales statistics, 42,000 people in Wales suffer from dementia and according to Carers Wales, 370,000 people in Wales provide unpaid care for their relatives or friends. But how will Suzanne, as her mother’s carer, manage the constant demands on her time?
- James Mellor from New Tredegar Business owner James Mellor and his staff work at a sewing factory in New Tredegar.
- Gruffydd Edwards from Dolgellau Tenant farmer Gruffydd Edwards and his family live in Dolgellau.
- Jahan Abedi from Cardiff Cardiff Iranian-born millionaire Jahan Abedi lives and works in the capital.
- Lynda Colley from Swansea Market trader Lynda Colley and her family work in Swansea.
- The Foley family from Merthyr Mother and carer Suzanne Foley and her family live in Merthyr Tydfil.
- Hickish family from Bala Landscaping business and holiday accommodation owners Toby and Stephanie Hickish and their family live and work in Bala.
- Charlene Christensen from Newport Mum Charlene Christensen and her family live in Newport.
- Shaun Ryan from Milford Haven Trawler man Shaun Ryan lives and works in Milford Haven.