Radio 1Xtra Live 2012 Ticket Competition
A$AP Rocky special Live Lounge Late T&Cs
Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, aged 18 or over except BBC employees, their close relatives and anyone connected with the competition. Proof of identity and eligibility may be required.
2. During “Hip Hop with DJ Semtex” listeners will be invited to enter by answering a question posed on air using the following method:
• By texting 88111 with the keyword ASAP followed by A, B or C corresponding to their answer. Texts will be charged at your standard message rate. Check with your network provider for exact costs.
Please listen out for announcements during the programme for opening and closing times. Registrations outside of the period will not count and you will be charged.
No other method of entry will be accepted. Only one entry is allowed per listener per programme, you will be charged for each additional entry but they will not count.
3. Once the call registration window closes, up to 10 correct entries will be selected at random. The production team will call shortlisted entrants in the order they were selected and asked a number of questions to ensure they are eligible and meet the minimum requirements to go on-air. If the first shortlisted entrant selected does not meet the minimum requirements, the next on the list will be contacted and so forth until 2 shortlisted candidates are selected. In the unlikely event none of the shortlisted entrants meet the minimum criteria then a further random selection will take place to create a second ordered list and the process continued until a suitable shortlisted entrant is found.
4. Entrants must be available on the mobile telephone number from which they entered. If, after reasonable attempts a shortlisted entrant cannot be contacted, that entrant’s participation in the competition ends.
5. The 2 highest ranked correct entrants will be put on air to play head to head in three rounds of questions. The highest scoring entrant wins. If tied, a tiebreaker will decide the winner.
6. The Prize is for the winner and three friends (all aged 18 or over) to attend New Broadcasting House in London on 18th January 2013 between 2200 and 0100 for the A$AP Rocky special Live Lounge Late with DJ Semtex. No accommodation or travel is included in this Prize.
7. For the avoidance of doubt, no expenses, fees or costs will be covered by the BBC.
8. The prize is stated as above. There is no cash alternative and the prize cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances. In the unlikely event the BBC cannot fulfil the Prize for editorial or other reasons, a suitable similar Prize will be offered.
9. The BBC's decision as to entrants taking part and winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
10. The BBC reserves the right to exclude the winners and their guests, The BBC will not be responsible for any failure by the winners to gain entry or re-entry to the event due to their behaviour or their failure to meet the admission requirements, including minimum age.
11. Entrants agree to take part in any post-competition publicity. The names of winners will be made public.
13. This competition is conducted in line with the BBC's code of conduct for competitions, which can be found on
14. The BBC reserves the right to: (i) amend these terms and conditions and vary the competition rules including but not limited to the programmes included, opening and closing times; (ii) disqualify any entrant who breaches the rules or has acted fraudulently in any way and; (iii) cancel the competition, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control.
15. The BBC, their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, system, network or mobile operator or service provider or otherwise which may result in any registration not being properly logged or not recorded.
16. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when registering.
17. The competition is run by the BBC. The applicable law is that of England and Wales.