Music Played13 items
Bruce Springsteen Hungry Heart
Bruce Springsteen - Greatest Hits, Columbia
Moya Making Me Fall
(CD Single), Four To One Records, 1
Billy Joel The River Of Dreams
Billy Joel - Greatest Hits Volume III, Columbia
The Rolling Stones Emotional Rescue
The Rolling Stones - Forty Licks, Abkco
The Beautiful South Old Red Eyes Is Back
Beautiful South - Carry On Up The Cha, Go! Discs
Donald Fagen I'm Not The Same Without You
Sunken Condos, Warner Bros, 1
Faron Young It's Four In The Morning
Country Moods (Various Artists), Polygram Tv
The Lightning Seeds Lucky You
Lightning Seeds - Jollification, Epic
The Police The Bed's Too Big Without You
The Police - Reggatta De Blanc, A&M
Bruno Mars Locked Out Of Heaven
(CD Single), Atlantic, 1
Bee Gees Night Fever
Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits, Polydor
Lana Del Rey Ride
(CD Single), Polydor
Emmylou Harris Two More Bottles Of Wine
NIGEL'S RECIPE LAMB MASALA
Insomnia-No-More, Lamb Masala
by Gurpareet Bains from Indian Superspices
Prep time 15 mins
Cooking time 2hrs approx
20 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
1 tbsp nigella seeds
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 tbsp grated (peeled) fresh root ginger
1 tsp turmeric
1½ tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp ground nutmeg
salt to taste
4 medium onions, finely diced
2 tbsp tomato purée (tomato paste)
500g (1lb 2oz) lean lamb (preferably leg), diced
2 tsp garam masala
25g (1oz) bunch of freshly chopped coriander (cilantro)
1. Pour some olive oil into a deep saucepan, add the cardamom pods & nigella seeds into the olive oil, cook over a medium heat until the cardamom pods become aromatic. This should take no more than 2-3 mins.
2. Remove the pan from the heat & allow the oil to cool.
3. Once the oil & spice mixture has cooled, add the garlic & ginger to the pan & cook over a low-medium heat until the garlic is a golden brown colour, stirring frequently. This should take no more than 2-3 mins.
4. Add the turmeric, chilli, nutmeg & salt, mix well & cook for about 20 secs.
5. Add the onions, tomato purée & lamb to the pan, mix well & cook until the lamb is sealed all over, stirring all the time. This should take no more than 10 mins.
6. Add enough boiling water to cover the lamb & bring back to the boil.
7. Reduce to a low simmer & cook, uncovered, for 1½ hrs, or for longer if the lamb is not tender, stirring from time to time. If you need to add water, use 50ml (1¾ fl oz) at a time, as required. The desired consistency is that of a thick masala.
8. Season with garam masala & chopped coriander (cilantro).
9. Serve with your choice of sides.