Roasted carrot, pomegranate & goats cheese salad
1tbsp summer harvest rapeseed oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
Grated zest & juice of 1 orange
1 200gr tin chick peas
3oz rindlessgoats cheese
Small bunch mint chopped
3oz pomegranate seed
Warm wraps or flat bread
1. Heat oven to 190c gas 5. Toss the carrots with 1 tbsp of the oil, sprinkle with the cumin seeds and orange zest, and season with salt. Spread onto a large baking sheet and roast for 30 mins until tender and catching some colour on the edges.
2. Stir the chickpeas into the roasted carrots, then tip onto a large serving platter. pour with the remaining oil and a little of the orange juice. Crumble over the goat's cheese and scatter with the herbs and pomegranate seeds. Serve warm with toasted flatbreads.
Vanilla Pomegranate cake
200gr caster sugar
1 lemon zest & juice
140gr SR flour
100gr plain flour
½ tsp vanilla extract
Juice ½ lemon
85 gr caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla
1. Heat oven to 160C/gas 3. Grease and line a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until pale and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, then add the lemon zest and juice and vanilla extract. Fold in the flours with a metal spoon until well mixed. Transfer to the cake tin, smooth the top, then bake for 50 mins until risen and golden.
2. To make the syrup, mix the lemon juice with the pomegranate juice, caster sugar and vanilla, then heat gently until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat and reduce slightly until syrupy. Remove from the heat and cool slightly, then tip in the pomegranate seeds.
3. Remove the cake from the oven. Allow to cool for a few minutes before poking holes all over it with a skewer and pouring over the pomegranate syrup. Enjoy warm or cool completely in the tin.
Spiced Lamb with pomegrante tzatziki
200gr diced lamb leg/chop
½ tsp each ground cumin,coriander,garam masala & cinnamon
100gr Greek Yoghurt
1 shallot & 1 garlic clove chopped
Handful mint chopped
¼ cucumber chopped
A little honey & 1 cup of pomegranate
Mix the lamb with the cumin, coriander, garam masala and cinnamon. For the tzatziki, mix the Greek yogurt, shallot, garlic, mint, cucumber and honey. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Cook the lamb under a hot grill for 8 mins, turning halfway. Thread each piece onto a cocktail stick. serve with tzatziki.
Bringing you the funny bits from the last week on BBC Radio Scotland.