- The Deputy Headship Duration: 01:04 Series 2, The Gift
- Window Waving Duration: 01:27 Series 2, Poem for Uncle Jack
- Roger's Son Duration: 01:07 Series 2, Poem for Uncle Jack
- Pam Bagnall’s Got a Collage Duration: 01:16 Series 2, Pam's Collage
- Doodle deadline Duration: 01:21 Series 2, Surprise!
- Roger's film Duration: 01:10 Series 2, The Woman in the Attic
About Roger and Val
Dawn French and Alfred Molina, two of the nation's best loved actors, star in this series focusing on the everyday, seemingly trivial trials and tribulations faced by a middle-aged married couple.
The bittersweet comedy looks at how they get on in the first half an hour after walking through their front door.
Developed from an original idea by Dawn French, the series is written by Emma and Beth Kilcoyne (Dogtown).
Dedicated botanist Roger is a highly principled man with a strong set of values, and an even stronger hatred of injustice.
His enduring love for his wife is matched only by his passion for the seeds and saplings he nurtures in his work at the Winter Gardens.
Val, a food technology teacher at the local comprehensive, sees bringing her work home as a perk of the job.
Together they settle in for the evening without ever exerting too much physical energy, devoting their lives to the ups and downs of everyday existence – which for them includes more than a few whimsical, and often erratic, flights of fantasy.