Food and Farming Awards The Food And Farming Awards Categories
The winners of the BBC Food and Farming Awards 2012 were announced at the BBC Good Food Show at Birmingham's NEC on Wednesday 28 November.
- BBC Farmer of the Year A farmer who has inspired, encouraged and risen to the challenge of sustainable farming in the 21st century.
- Best 'Dinner Lady'/ Public Caterer A cook who makes mealtimes in our hospitals, care homes, schools or workplaces a delight.
- Best Drinks Producer The people bringing new ideas to the world of drinks, as well as those keeping traditions alive.
- Best Food Market Where is Britain's best food market?
- Best Food Producer Know a great maker of cheese, chocolate, pies, cakes, bread ...?
- Best Street Food or Takeaway The people taking takeaways and street food to a whole new level.
- Big Food Idea An innovator who is improving the way good quality food is sourced and sold.
- The Derek Cooper Award Named after The Food Programme’s first presenter, an individual or team bringing about a real change in our relationship with food.
- You and Yours Best Local Retailer A local shop making our lives more delicious, from butchers and farm shops to bakers and delis.