Rip Off Britain
The Rip Off Britain team is ready to tackle the issues that most matter to you - from bills and bad customer service, to holidays and food.
Rip Off Britain - Holidays
Here at Rip Off Britain we’re always ready to investigate your stories. And we’d especially like to hear from you if you’ve had a problem on holiday or whilst travelling – both in this country and abroad.
Do you feel let down by your airline? Or perhaps you’re disappointed that your hotel looked very different on the glossy pictures in the brochure? Maybe you’re angry about hidden charges that weren’t clear when you booked?
You can write to us:
Rip Off Britain
BBC Quay House
Media City UK
Or you can send us an email to:
The Rip Off team is ready and waiting to investigate your holiday and travel stories.
Rip Off Britain returns to BBC One
‘Rip off Britain’ kicks off its new series in the Autumn 2015 on BBC One and gets more great results for consumers.
Most people contact the programme after getting nowhere with the companies they feel have ripped them off or left them out of pocket.
As presenter Angela Rippon explains: “We’re always delighted when we can help resolve viewers’ problems or move things in the right direction. But it’s a shame that it so often takes our involvement for that to happen – and that people can be left with weeks or months of unwanted stress and uncertainty waiting for their problems to be sorted”.
Handy Factsheets straight from the Rip Off Britain Pop Up Shop
This year Rip Off Britain took its Pop Up shop to the West Midlands. We completely transformed a store in the Merry Hill shopping centre offering free advice on people’s consumer problems. We had more experts on hand than ever before giving help and advice on issues from staying safe online to booking a bargain train ticket.
To make sure you don’t miss out on this invaluable advice we have put together a series of handy factsheets that you can download.
- Simon Calder's travel tips and advice
- Booking a bargain train ticket
- Cleaning up your credit file
- Do you know your consumer rights?
- Find out how you can get the most from your account
- How credit cards can help protect your cash
- How to manage and remember your online passwords
- How to steer clear of scammers
- Know your rights when hiring tradesmen
- Making your holiday money work better for you
- Your rights when electrical items go wrong
- WiFi hot spots... How to avoid the hackers