Music Played14 items
Jackson 5 Can You Feel It
Fantastic 80's Go For It! - Various, Parlophone
Tone Damli Aaberge Butterflies
(CD Single), Mercury, 1
Alan Price Set Simon Smith & His Amazing Dancing Bear
Delilah - Jukebox 60's Hits, Old Gold
The Eurythmics & Aretha Franklin Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves
Duets - 36 Of The World's Greatest Ev, Telstar
Paul Simon 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover
Paul Simon - Negotiations & Love Song, Warner Bros, 6
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Sister Marie Says
History Of Modern, 100% Records, 2
Johnny Preston Running Bear
Rediscover The 50's - Here Comes Summ, Old Gold
Hall & Oates Maneater
Looking Back - The Best Of Hall & Oat, BMG
Elvis Presley Teddy Bear
Presley - The All Time Greatest Hits, RCA
Take That The Flood
(CD Single), Polydor, 16
ABBA Honey Honey
Bruce Springsteen Save My Love
The Promise, Columbia, 1
Alison Moyet Love Resurrection
Alison Moyet Singles, Columbia
John Denver Take Me Home Country Roads
A Song's Best Friend: Very Best Of, RCA/BMG
Mascarpone & Ginger Cheesecake
By Books for Cooks (Issue 1) taken from Patricia Lousada’s ‘Flavours of the Sun’
Prep time 20 mins
Cooking time 30 mins (& allow for cooling)
For the filling
480g /1lb full fat cream cheese
240g/8oz mascarpone cheese
180g/6oz caster sugar
2 free-range eggs
8 pieces of stem ginger chopped
For the base
240g/8oz ginger nut biscuits
120g/40z unsalted butter
1. Pre-heat the oven on a low heat 150C/300F/Gas2
2. Place a dish of hot water on the bottom rack of the oven (to create a moist atmosphere & avoid the cake from cracking)
3. Crush the biscuits with a rolling pin or in a blender, melt the butter & mix together.
4. Press the biscuit mixture into the bottom of a 24cm/9” round non-stick cake tin with a removable base, & put to one side.
5. Mix together the cream cheese & mascarpone until smooth.
6. Stir in sugar & eggs, one at a time.
7. Mix in the ginger well.
8. Spread the mixture evenly over the biscuits & bake for 30 mins until just set.
9. Turn the oven off & leave cheesecake to cool completely inside the oven.
10. Once cooled put in the fridge for at least 2hrs or overnight.
11. Before un-moulding run a warm knife around the cheesecake to loosen the sides. This is best done when cold.
12. Leave at room temp for 30-40 mins before serving.
If you fancy, decorate prettily with rounds of stem ginger.