Music Played12 items
New Order True Faith '94
True Brit (Various Artists), Polygram Tv
James Blunt Stay The Night
Some Kind Of Trouble, Atlantic, 1
Brandon Flowers Crossfire
(CD Single), Polydor, 1
Manic Street Preachers Autumnsong
(CD Single), Columbia, 14
The Kinks The Kinks - Autumn Almanac
Something Else By The Kinks (Deluxe Edition), Sanctuary, 15
The Stranglers Golden Brown
Fantastic 80's Disc 2 (Various Artis, Columbia
Madonna The Power Of Goodbye
Madonna - Greatest Hits Volume 2, Maverick
Enrique Iglesias & Nicole Scherzinger Heartbeat
(CD Single), Polydor, 2
(CD Single), Parlophone
Simon & Garfunkel Leaves That Are Brown
Hedonisim, Navigator, 2
Randy Travis Forever & Ever Amen
Ultimate Country (Various Artists), Telstar
Spin that disk!
Tim Robbins was here last week, and among the topics we discussed was his kids’ burgeoning love of vinyl records.So to learn more about Vinyl we spoke to Travis Elborough, self-confessed music nut and author of The Long Player Goodbye, which is all about our love affair with the record collection ...
Apple & Thyme Tarte Tatin
by James Martin from James Martin Desserts
Prep time 15 mins
Cooking time less than 30 mins
150g/5oz caster sugar
375g/13oz packet of fresh, ready-rolled all-butter puff pastry
Flour, for rolling out
6 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored & cut into quarters (Nigel used Russets, Gala, Spartan & Cox)
leaves from 2 thyme sprigs
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. To make the caramel, put the sugar into a 20cm ovenproof pan & heat gently without stirring until it turns golden brown. Remove from the heat, add the butter & stir in gently.
3. Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut out a circle slightly larger than the pan.
4. Place the apples peeled-side down into the pan with & sprinkle with the fresh thyme leaves. Cover the apples & caramel mixture with the pastry & tuck the overlapped edges down the side of the pan.
5. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is brown.
6. Remove the pan from the oven & leave to rest for 1 minute before turning it out. To do this, place a plate on top of the pan & invert so that the tart slips out, pastry to the base, apples on the top.
7. Serve hot with ice cream on the side.